Sommer & O'Donnell Logo

Name Changes in PA

Sommer & O'Donnell > Areas of Practice  > Family Law > Name Changes in PA
Name Changes

Many people wish to change their names, or the name of their minor child, in order to get a new start in life. Pennsylvania law governs the procedures by which a person’s name can be changed in the state of Pennsylvania.  The Office of the Prothonotary in your county of residence is where you will submit the documents necessary to change your name.  There are different procedures to follow, depending on the reason for changing your name and whether it involves an adult or a minor child. It is up to the Court whether to order a name change after a Hearing before a Judge.

Do you need help with Family Law?

Schedule a Consultation